Residential Sorting with the (2) 18-gallon blue totes.
Metal and glass in one bin; Plastic and Paper in the other bin! Cardboard is flattened and goes under the bins on collection day!
Bin 1: Glass and Metal
- Aluminum (Crushing cans saves space)
- Tin Cans
- Glass (Any Color)
- Pie Plates
Bin 2: Plastic, Paper & Other materials
- Plastic Bottles #1 – like soda bottles – Clam shell shaped plastics are not currently accepted)
- Plastic Bottles #2 – like milk or cleaner bottles – Crushing plastics saves significant space in your bins)
- Plastic Grocery Bags
- Office Pak – like white paper, envelopes, etc. – if possible, put all paper in a separate bag and place the bag IN the bin.
- Phone Books
- Batteries (please put in a seal-able container like an old plastic peanut butter jar or a zip lock bag)